I *heart* Drugstore Makeup Tag (a youtube tag) + Product Reviews!
I Love Drugstore Makeup Tag!
Favorite Revlon Products
So, this tag is one that’s currently circulating on youtube. Since I am addicted to youtube, I’ve seen many people do this tag and it’s interesting to hear from each person what their drugstore favorites and un-favorites are. So, without further ado, I will continue on with my blog version of this tag!
1.) What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?
- Revlon! This should explain the image above, as it is full of my favorite revlon products. Overall, I feel that Revlon has the most high-quality, solid, dependable makeup at the drugstore. See the list below for a brief explanation of my favorite products! The numbers correspond with the image above.
- Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel
- I have quite a wide varitey of nail polishes and the revlong polishes have some of the best chip-free wear of them all. My favorite shade is the nude color, Bare Bones.
- Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation
- Some complain about the ‘sparkles’ in the liquid and it’s unfortunate lack of photogenicity. Despite the fact that you will look like Edward Cullen in flash photography, you look great otherwise. This smooth foundation goes on easily and blends well while providing medium coverage. Love it. My shade is Vanilla.
- Revlon Lip Butter
- This product is a combination of a lipstick and a balm with excellent pigmentation. It goes on smoothly, and feels awesome on the lips. My favorite color is sugar frosting.
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze
- This gloss is comparable to MAC’s lipglasses in that it is a sticky formula that stays on the lips for hours. The color selection is great and it is just about the best wearing gloss out there in the drugstore. My favorite shade is Lasting Shimmer.
- Revlon Photoready Stick Concealer
- I bought this to wear with the Photoready foundation and fell in love. This doesn’t contain the shimmer that the foundation does yet it covers fabulously with a creamy consistency. The fact that it is a stick concealer makes it super easy to apply and blend out. I wear the shade fair.
- Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener
- This gem is part of the photoready line but launched months after the original foundations did. Designed for underneath the eyes, it has a peach tint intended to diffuse under-eye circles. I use this as a highlight under my eyes daily.
- Revlon Superlustrous Lipgloss
- Another member of the lipgloss line, superlustrous is the original gloss. These glosses are slick and not sticky at all. The color range is moderate and the wear is great as well. My favorite is peach petal.
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
- You’ll see below that the original colorstay is a holy grail for me. This is product is like the original colorstay’s younger sister. It is whipped for a lighter feel on the face yet it provides heavy coverage for all of your face needs! I love this stuff and have already bought backups. My color is the same as the original: buff.
- Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow
- The old colorstay eyeshadows got a makeover this year and the 16 hour eyeshadow resulted. I love these quads. The colors are beautiful and the pigmentation is awesome. The shadows do last all day but I always wear an eyeshadow primer under ANY eyeshadow. My favorite quad is Decadent.
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
- Holy grail of drugstore foundation!!!! This stuff was the overall holy grail but it got the boot when Kat Von D rolled out her Lock-it foundation. But, this baby is under 15 bucks and Kat’s is worth every penny at 38. So, it’s a bargain and a half. This foundation has two formulas: one for dry skin and one for oily. I use the one for oily skin in the summer and the one for dry in the winter. The coverage is heavy and it lasts all day long. I do reccommend setting it with a powder despite the formula you pick. My color is Buff.
- Revlon Superlustrous Lipstick
- A classic! These lipsticks are all you need. Each lippie has incredible pigmentation, goes on smoothly, feels great on the lips, and has no odd smell. I have quite a few of these and love them all. Best yet, they come in shimmer AND matte. My favorite color is Silver City Pink.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
- Brand new to the line, these are dupes of the tarte lipsurgence pencils. I love these and have quite a few in my arsenal. As a plus, they smell like mint! My favorite color is Cherish.
2.) What are your favorite face, cheek, and lip products?
- Revlon Colorstay Liquid and Whipped Foundation (shade: buff)
- Glamoflauge Concealer (shade: light)
- (limited edition) Maybelline Dream Bouncy Cream Bronzer -> A permanent alternative is NYX Tango With Bronzing Sticks.
- ELF Blush and Bronzer Duo with ELF Gotta Glow as a highlighter.
- L’oreal color riche caresse wet shine stain gloss *new*
3.) Least favorite product?
- Maybelline Eyestudio Mastershape Brow Pencil
- This pencil is great for color, wear, and lasting power; however, it has one huge flaw………..sharpening. It is a huge pain to sharpen this pencil! It’s one of those plastic pencils that one would expect to automatically propel or twist up, however, the plastic must be sharpened to keep using the product. For this simple issue, I won’t be repurchasing. I much prefer the older, cheaper, maybelline eyebrow pencil that uses a twist up mechanism.
4.) What is the best makeup bargain?
- ELF eyeshadow primer.
- At only 1.99, this eyeshadow primer works just as well as Urban Decay Primer Potion. Nuff Said.
5.) What is your favorite underdog product? (something you loved that often gets overlooked)
- Jesse’s Girl Eyedusts
- This is a brand that gets looked over in general. I know that personally, I didn’t know of its existence until I started watching Julieg713’s videos. She loved these eyedusts, so I went out and bought a few at my Rite Aid. These amazing pigments have awesome pigmentation, wear all day, and cost less than 5 bucks each. I have made it a personal goal to collect every single color available. The best part? Rite aid often puts Jesse’s girl on sale and you can get them on a steal! Go get you some eyedusts!!!
6.) A drugstore product that is overpriced?
- L’oreal Magic Souffle Foundation
- I do feature this foundation in my NW20 foundation review and mention that it is a good foundation; however, it costs about 17 dollars at CVS. Though it is a good foundation, it isn’t 17 dollars good. For the amount of money L’oreal is asking, this foundation should cover like Colorstay, have a range of shades like fit me, and have the feel of a whipped. Though it’s good, I won’t be repurchasing without a sale and a coupon!
7.) Drugstore Dupes
- This will have to be a separate post. My makeup collection is massive and going through it all for dupes will take…………awhile. However, I will say that I do have one I found on my own 🙂 Beige blast cream eye shadow from covergirl is a dead on dupe for Mac’s bare study paint pot. I have a post on this on my old blog. Please excuse the wordiness -> http://courtsmakeupexperiment.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac-bare-study-dupe-found-covergirl.html
8.) Name a drugstore product that isn’t worth the hype.
- Maybelline’s the Falsies
- I went out and bought this mascara when I heard about it on blogs and youtube. Everyone loved this mascara. I tried it and waited for it to knock my socks off and………..and…………..and………………it totally didn’t happen. It was a mascara that did it’s job but it didn’t work nearly as well as its precursors such as colossol volum’ express.
Posted on February 14, 2013, in Makeup and tagged drugstore, dupes, elf, foundation, i heart makeup tag, i love makeup tag, mac dupe, makeup, nw20, review, revlon, youtube tag. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.