Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeshadow Palette in Smoky
Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeshadow in Smoky
Today I have swatches and pictures of the Smoky shimmer strips palette by Physician’s formula. These are very similar to the other shimmer strips eyeshadows by the brand, however, these are not geared towards and eye color but instead towards occasion. I picked up the smoky strip but they also have Nude, Casual, and Fashionista. Read on for more and swatches!
This is my first experience with Physician’s Formula eyeshadows (believe it or not); I love the rest of their line and have no complaints about the brand overall. Plus, they are cruelty free! Go Physician’s Formula!! Proud of you!
- All the colors are grouped together nicely – all the shades coordinate with each other seamlessly.
- Great for those newer to makeup. Each strip is broken up into 3 trios which vary in intensity.
- Packaging is really great and esthetically, the strip is beautiful.
- Pigmentation ranges but overall, I say it’s very good.
- Great for those wanting shimmery/borderline glittery shades for the holidays.
- I had difficulty swatching some of the colors which made me think that the pigmentation was lacking. However, they did show up better on my eyes (with a primer) than they did on my hand.
- The colors vary in amount; you get more of some colors than others. This was done intentionally, I’m sure; but, for someone like me who doesn’t apply the shadows ‘by the book’, I found I wanted more of some of the ‘slimmer’ shades.
- No matte shades, but I can’t fault them for this since they are called ‘shimmer strips.’
Overall, I do like this palette a lot. Despite my frustrations getting some shades to swatch, they did look great and pigmented on my eyes (with primer). I did however, have to work with them more than I would say, Urban Decay or Wet N Wild. They are drier shades and perhaps this would explain my increased effort with the eyeshadows, however, there is hardly any fallout with these. I also did not try them wet and if I had, I may have discovered even more to like about the palette. I plan on buying the Nude palette in addition to the Smoky one I’m reviewing. Overall, these are very good for drugstore shadows and I would recommend you try it!
Inside of packaging. You can see the shades are divided in sets of three; the last shade of each trio is smaller in amount of product.
Swatches from left to right correlate with the palette above. You can see that the pale, shimmery shades had the least pigmentation.
Continuing from left to right. This is the final three on the far right of the palette.